Legionella testing and CMS Pathogen Profile, (1) sterile 500 mL bottle
Aerobiology Supplies, AERO028
For CMS Pathogen Profile ONLY, (1) sterile 250 mL bottle:
- Obtain (1) sterile 500 mL container with sodium thiosulfate from Aerobiology Laboratory Associates, Inc.
- Collect 500 mL of water from the identified location in the sterile containers making sure the inside of the container is not contaminated by the collector.
- Fill to the neck the bottle. Close the sample containers tightly to avoid sample leakage while transportation.
- Complete the requisition paperwork including the name of the person collecting, the date and time of collection, and location of the sample on the chain of custody.
- Ship the samples in a cooler and with an ice pack for transportation to the laboratory.
- The water sample must reach the Virginia laboratory within 24 hours of collection.